Club and Hut History

The Climbers’ Club was formed in 1898 by a group of “professional” gentlemen mountaineers who had the means to travel to the Welsh Hills to rock climb. The Club has grown since those days and now numbers over 1700 rock climbers and includes all walks of life and both ladies and gentlemen.

This page provides links to articles covering the history of the club and its huts.

Club History

Club Hut Histories