Stunningly located in the heart of the Llanberis Pass and surrounded on all sides by mountains, Ynys Ettws is probably the best-situated hut in Britain. It is within easy walking distance of all the major climbing areas of the Pass. Ynys Ettws is found in the Llanberis Pass, 650m west of the Cromlech Boulders, and accessed by the bridge beside the road. There is a large carved stone at the entrance with Climbers’ Club carved on it.
(or click a marker to set)
- Grid ref: SH 624 568
- Post Code: LL55 4UL -Hut is 1.3km 0.8ml further up the Pass
- Lat/Lon: 53
°05’26 N – 4
- Accommodation for 18; 12 main dorm. 6 bunks in members’ room must be left for members. No external bookings on weekends and bank holidays. Superb camping (members only) next to the river. Small mountain tents only.
- CC members, their guests and reciprocal rights (Kindred) club members only at weekends. External parties may book places in the hut midweek. The small dormitory is reserved for members at all times.
- Although no family rooms are currently available members with under 18’s may camp and use the hut facilities.
- No pets allowed in the hut
PLEASE NOTE: For insurance reasons no more people are to sleep in the huts than the bed spaces allow.
Custodian: Kenny Atherton (Assistant Matt Tuck) – eMail Custodian
Hut Booking: Click to view Calendar and Book
Directions for getting to Ynys Ettws
If coming from the south: At Pen-y-Gwryd turn on to the A4086, go past Pen-y-Pass Youth Hostel and car park and descend the Llanberis Pass. 1.5 miles after Pen-y-Pass there is a turning on the left to Ynys. It is the first turning when coming down the Pass and you will need to swing out to take the sharp turn. The barrier will be in front of you once you leave the road. . You will need to use your key fob to open the barrier. Please make sure you lock it behind you.
If coming from the north: go past Llanberis and through Nant Peris on the A4086. After leaving the Vaynol Arms on the right, continue for 1.4 miles. There are 2 turnings on the right about 100m apart and Ynys is the 2nd turning. If you have the correct turning there is a barrier as soon as you leave the road. You will need to use your key fob to open the barrier. Please make sure you lock it behind you.
Please ensure all doors are locked when you leave – doors have been left open on a number of occasions and gear has disappeared.
We are running a trial of tea-towels by request from members. The blue paper towels will remain for mopping up. Please feel free to bring your own tea-towels.
Notes: In the event of a power failure, see instructions in the hut. Electricity and calor gas cooking. Refuse in wheelie bin at the gate. In no instance should the hot water boiler be adjusted; in the event of a failure please use the designated contact number.