Situated in the village of Roybridge, on the A86 about 20km from Fort William. Turn south off the main road beside the Roybridge Hotel and Grey Corries Bunkhouse. Take the next left, and Riasg is the first bungalow on the right. Parking for 10 cars.
Bought in March 2000, Riasg (‘The Boggy Place’) is an excellent centre for Ben Nevis and the major climbing centres of the West coast of Scotland. Glen Coe is 35 minutes drive and even Skye and the Cairngorms are accessable from here.
(or click a marker to set)
- Grid ref: NN 271 811
- Post Code:PH31 4AN Roy Bridge Hotel
- Lat/Lon: 56
°53’20 N – 4
- Accommodation for 20, (4 rooms have 6, 6, 5 and 2/3 bedded room with 1 normal size bunk plus one about 1 and a half normal size – could sleep 3.) Members only room must not be occupied by members’ guests. No camping. If hut is full see note below for alternative at Onich.
- Bookable Rooms: Members may book a 6 or 2/3 bed room from mid-May to October only if party contains under 18’s
- No pets allowed in the hut
Custodian: Steve Abbott – eMail Custodian
To notify the custodian of maintenance issues use Contact Form.
Hut Booking: Click to view Calendar and Book
Ben Keys: Members can obtain a key to access the Ben Track – click for information.
If sufficient places are not available at Riasg on a particular date then places may be available at;
- the Alex MacIntyre Memorial Hut at Onich, nr Fort William. If there are spaces, they can be reserved immediately. View details …
- the FRCC Waters Cottage at Kinlochleven, CC members have enhanced access. View details …
. The website hut booking is real time so you can book any available beds on-line at any time. At all other times booking is encouraged, but not mandatory. The one member one guest rule applies to weekends (Friday & Saturday nights) over all of this time period. Kindred and Reciprocal Club members may book beds during the period 1st December to 1st May and are restricted to one guest per member booking. As with all our huts, Riasg is exclusively available to Members and their guests on Bank Holidays and Bank Holiday weekends. Bookings should be made using the on-line booking system or by contacting the huts bookings secretary. We recognise that the fickle Scottish winter weather may cause a change of plans and booked beds may not be needed – in these circumstances please cancel your booking on-line or let the hut bookings secretary know as soon as possible so that others may book the spaces (Note – we do not charge for cancellations) So don’t forget – if you don’t have a booking please don’t travel with the hope of getting in, nor phone/email the huts booking secretary as you are on the way!