This beautiful cottage is situated opposite the crags of Grochan and Craig Ddu with great views down the Llanberis Pass. Ideal for an escape from civilisation, its recently refurbished toilet and shower block is probably the most luxurious in any hut anywhere!
(or click a marker to set)
- Grid ref: SH 620 569
- Post Code – car park: LL55 4UL -Hut is 1.3km 0.8ml further up the Pass
- Lat/Lon – car park: 53
°05’26 N – 4
- Situated in Llanberis Pass, 1km west of the Cromlech Boulders and bridge beside the road. Park as for Ynys Ettws and walk westwards, past the farm house, crossing the stream from Cwm Glas on the same side of the main river for about 400yds.
- Accommodation for 9 (two rooms 5 & 4); bookings for either one or both of the two rooms are accepted from members and outside groups. University Clubs are welcome. No camping.
- CC members, their guests reciprocal rights (kindred) club members and external parties. The full hut may be booked, there are no spaces reserved exclusively for members. For details contact the hut bookings secretary (see link below).
- Bookable Rooms: Members may book either one room or the whole hut for groups including under 18’s
- No pets allowed in the hut
Custodian: Julie Starling – eMail Custodian
To notify the custodian of maintenance issues use Contact Form.
Hut Booking: Click to view Calendar and Book
Directions for getting to Cwm GlasIf coming from the south: At Pen-y-Gwryd turn on to the A4086, go past Pen-y-Pass Youth Hostel and car park and descend the Llanberis Pass. 1.5 miles after Pen-y-Pass there is a turning on the left to Ynys. It is the first turning when coming down the Pass and you will need to swing out to take the sharp turn. The barrier will be in front of you once you leave the road. . You will need to use your key fob to open the barrier. Please make sure you lock it behind you.
If coming from the north: go past Llanberis and through Nant Peris on the A4086. After leaving the Vaynol Arms on the right, continue for 1.4 miles. There are 2 turnings on the right about 100m apart and Ynys is the 2nd turning. If you have the correct turning there is a barrier as soon as you leave the road. You will need to use your key fob to open the barrier. Please make sure you lock it behind you. This will take you into car park of Ynys Ettws.
After parking your car on the right-hand side of the track, head across the field towards Llanberis and cross the small stream at one of 2 places. Go through the broken wall and across the track leading to the house on the left. Aim for a gap in the next wall just left of the electricity wires, and then go downhill. You will come to a stile, go over that and then turn left along the wide track. This leads past a small stone/slate building (part of the hydro scheme). Keep following the track diagonally uphill for about 200m to reach the hut.
Multi Fuel Stove Instructions
A multi fuel stove has been installed. Own kindling and fuel etc to be carried up (seasoned wood and quality smokeless fuels. Users need paper /firelighters, kindling, logs or smokeless fuel/anthracite). No inferno enthusiasts or pyromaniacs!!
Ash in the tin bucket and if cool bagged up and carried out. If hot leave in stove or, preferably, put in galvanised bin at rear of hut.
Notes: In the event of a water failure, see instructions in hut for locating inlet pipe which may need clearing. electricity and calor gas cooking. refuse in wheelie bin at Ynys gate.