2017 Area Meets
There are area meets planned for Yorkshire, The Peak and The Southern Sandstone. The way they are to be organised is different this year to build in flexibility and allow choices depending on the weather. If you are interested it will work in this way.
- YOU contact the area coordinator and request to be put on the mailing list. By doing this you are making no commitment other than to receive the meet information!
- He/she places you on their list of contacts.
- You put the meet dates in your diary.
- About 48 hours before the meet the coordinator will email or text you with the final details of the meet which will be crag (or wall if necessary), time and pub for after. The forecast should allow him/her to make a sensible choice.
- You go to the meet, climb, drink and have a good time.
|Every Tuesday||Venue agreed and published on the CC Facebook Group early each week.
From lunch time till dark (ish), followed by a visit to a pub near the selected crag. On rainy days we will revert to Kendal Wall (the pub will be the Eagle & Child in Staveley) and the venue will most likely roll forward to the next week.
|Contact: Pete Sterling (details in handbook)|
|The Peak District||2nd Tue of the month||Contact – Clair Wilson – Mobile: 07817 000406|
|Yorkshire Area||Completely flexible but once or twice per month is planned.||Venue agreed and published on the CC FaceBook Group the week before. Full day/evenings will be planned to suit followed by a local pub. Climbing wall option if we get rain.||Contact – Mick Green – see handbook for details.|
|Sunday 7th May||Day||Under Rocks||The King’s Arms|
|Tuesday 16th May||Evening||Eridge Green Rocks||The Neville Crest & Gun|
|Thursday 22nd Jun||Evening||Harrison’s Rocks||BBQ (combined with Tun. Wells Mountaineering Club)|
|Thursday 6th July||Evening||Stone Farm Rocks||The Old Mill|
|Tuesday 27th Jul||Evening||Bull’s Hollow Rocks||The Toad Rock Retreat (or Bowles as a damp weather alternative)|
|Tuesday 8th Aug||Evening||Harrison’s Rocks||The Crown|
|Thursday 24th Aug||Evening||Bowles Rocks||The Huntsman|
|Sunday 17th Sep||Day||8-Outcrops Walk||The High Rocks|
- The Peak District – Clair Wilson – Mobile: 07817 000406
- Yorkshire – Mick Green – email: email@example.com
- Southern Sandstone – Brian Mead – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lakeland & North Western – Pete Sterling (details in handbook)