Below is a Google Maps map, use the controls on the left to zoom (+ and -) and pan (left, up, right, down and back to the starting position). The use of this map was suggested & initially developed by Peter Sterling.
Click on a marker to check out that hut - Climbers' Club Huts: Reciprocal Rights Huts (Login required):
Panel Below Shows Latitude and Longitude where you click on the map.
|Last Clicked Location >>>|
|CLIMBERS' CLUB HUT - N. WALES||Click to view Reciprocal Rights Huts in N Wales (Login required)|
Click for latest on the barrier - login required
• Grid ref SH 624 568
• Situated in Llanberis Pass, 650m west of the Cromlech Boulders and bridge beside the road
• Accommodation for 22; 6 bunks in members' room must be left for members. No external bookings on weekends and bank holidays. Superb camping (members only) next to the river.
• Although no family rooms are currently available members with under 18's may camp and use the hut facilities.
• Custodian: Matt Tuck
PLEASE ensure all doors are locked when you leave - doors have been left open on a number of occasions and gear has disappeared.
We are running a trial of Tea Towels by request from members. The blue paper towels will remain for mopping up. Please feel free to bring your own Tea Towels.
Images by Stuart Holmes
Stunningly located in the heart of the Llanberis Pass and surrounded on all sides by mountains, Ynys Ettws is probably the best-situated hut in Britain. It is within easy walking distance of all the major climbing areas of the Pass.
Notes: In the event of a power failure, see instructions in the hut. Electricity and calor gas cooking. Refuse in wheelie bin at the gate. In no instance should the hot water boiler be adjusted; in the event of a failure please use the designated contact number.
• Grid ref
SH 620 569
• Situated in Llanberis Pass, 1km west of the Cromlech Boulders and bridge beside the road. Park as for Ynys Ettws and walk westwards, past the farm house, crossing the stream from Cwm Glas on the same side of the main river for about 400yds.
• Accommodation for 11; bookings accepted for the whole hut. University Clubs are welcome. CC members may book the whole hut or either of the two rooms. No camping.
• Bookable Rooms: Members may book either one room or whole hut - party may but does not have to contain under 18's
• Custodian: Cenydd Lewis
This beautiful cottage is situated opposite the crags of Grochan and Craig Ddu with great views down the Llanberis Pass. Ideal for an escape from civilisation, its recently refurbished toilet and shower block is probably the most luxurious in any hut anywhere!
Notes: In the event of a water failure, see instructions in hut for locating inlet pipe which may need clearing. electricity and calor gas cooking. refuse in wheelie bin at Ynys gate.
Images by Rod Hewing
SH 691 601
• Situated on the A5, 4km from Capel Curig towards Bangor
• Accommodation for 13; 10 max available to guests/external parties, 3 must be left available to members. External parties may only book on the 1st and 3rd weekends of the month; on other weekends the hut will be for members only unless the entire hut is block booked.
• Bookable Rooms: Members may book whole hut - the party may but does not have to contain under 18's
Photo © Simon Cardy
• Custodian: Mike Yates
In the heart of the Ogwen Valley with superb views of Tryfan, Helyg is steeped in the history of British climbing. It was the first climbing hut in the UK and was used as a base by the pioneers of British climbing in the 1920's for their early ascents, particularly on LLiwedd and Tryfan. Later it was used as a training base for the 1953 Everest expedition.
Images by Rod Hewing
The Hut is preserved in as near to its original form as possible to retain the authentic atmosphere of those early times.
(1) Key to the car park barrier is in box on garage door openable with blue fob. Please do not slam the box door, because this can loosen the batteries.
You can avoid slamming by using your fob again if necessary.
(2) In the event of a power cut, contact Manweb Scottish Power and advise the Custodian.
(3) If the water supply fails, the water tank is across the road, up and slightly right from the kissing gate.
Clean the filter in a small box on the inlet pipe above and left of the main tank.
(Warning. Do not approach diagonally from the garage / car park area because of a dangerous floating bog.)
(4) Put rubbish in the large wheelie bin by the car park barrier. All rubbish must be contained in a black bag, no loose litter.