All of our huts are accessed by the use of an electronic 'proximity' key rather than a traditional metal key. To use, place the electronic key close to the black boss on the door lock. Operate the handle when the LED turns green. The mechanism will automatically reset the lock once the handle is operated or will time out after a few seconds. Make sure that you take your key with you when you leave the hut, once the hut door is closed it can only be re-opened with a key; there is no override for this security function. An amber LED indicates a misread and a red LED that a key that is not valid for the door.
Hut Keys must not be loaned out to other members (or even worse, non members).
The locks are battery operated. Should the batteries become faulty or run down then the time taken for the lock to operate will increase. This should be reported to the hut custodian.
This electronic system offers a number of advantages when compared to a normal key e.g. lost/stolen keys can be disabled and there is no need to replace worn out or damaged locks and all the membersí keys. Additionally the lock mechanism records every key swipe, this information is downloaded regularly and the record of key use is compared to the hut register. Each key has a unique number (your membership number) engraved onto its reverse side; this number should be entered in the relevant column of the hut register when you sign in.
Keys are obtained from the Membership Secretary at a cost of £16 or £10 if a replacement is required. Please note, if a key is replaced the original will cease to work. In the event of a member wishing to upgrade from their obsolete metal key to an electronic key the fee is also £10. All prices include postage.
If you haven't done so already, you can purchase an electronic key online as follows:
1) Click on https://www.nochex.com/quicksend
2) Enter the following info:
a) To: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Amount: £10.00 (or £16.00 if this is your first key)
c) Message: Name, Email, Membership no, Key no., any other relevant details
3) click on Continue, enter card & contact details etc, and Make Payment
Alternatively, please send a cheque, payable to The Climbers' Club, along with a note listing your name/membership number/key number to:
Andy Bullock (CC Membership Secretary)
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact Andy directly (number in the handbook).
All CC Huts are restricted to Members and guests on Bank Holidays and Bank Holiday weekends.
• Ynys Ettws: Members only at weekends and on bank holidays. Others may book the huts midweek.
• Helyg: External parties may only book on the 1st and 3rd weekends of the month; on other weekends the hut will be for members and reciprocal rights (kindred) clubs only.
• Downes: External parties may only book on the 2nd and 4th weekends of the month; on other weekends the hut will be for members and reciprocal rights clubs only.
• Count House: External parties may book during September to May inclusive. CC, guests and reciprocal rights club members only during June, July and August.
• May Cottage: CC and reciprocal rights club members only at all times.
• Riasg: CC, kindred clubs and reciprocal rights club members only at all times. Also at Riasg during the 2012/13 Winter period (27 Dec 2012 - 15 Mar 2013) members (CC & Kindred) are restricted to one guest.
• Cwm Glas Mawr: CC, reciprocal rights (kindred) club members and external parties. We are pleased to consider bookings from University Clubs. For details contact the hut bookings secretary (see contacts list).
• Grange Old School: CC members and guests
• University clubs: Are currently accepted in Cwm Glas Mawr only.
• Guests: At all times and in all huts any member may bring a maximum of three* guests unless booked in as an external party. *At Riasg during 2012/13 Winter period (27 Dec 2012 - 15 Mar 2013) members (CC & Kindred) are restricted to one guest.
Children (i.e. Under-18s) – General Notes
Children of members and children for whom the member has 'in loco parentis' responsibility may use all the day facilities at all of our huts at all times. Children may only be in huts when accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. Subject to making an advance booking they may sleep in some huts under certain conditions as noted below.
Members may not sleep in empty bunks in a family room where children are sleeping.
External groups and Kindred Club members may not bring children to our huts.
A member considering taking 'in loco parentis' responsibility may wish to view the current guidance available on the BMC website. Members under 18, using Club huts, may sleep in communal dormitories in the presence of their responsible adult.
Hut fees are collected roughly every three months using the membership direct debit arrangements. Every member who pays their membership fee by direct debit is automatically included in this payments system. It is much easier for the club if everyone lets the debit system collect the fees, sending cheques can easily result in confusion and errors, however for some hut stays fees can total well over £75 and then you may wish to pay by cheque which should be sent as per the instructions below.
There are a small number (only about 20) members who do not pay their membership subscription by direct debit, if you are one of this group you will need to pay fees by cheque made payable to "The Climbers' Club" to the Huts Finance Secretary Trevor Langhorne. Ensure you include your name, hut used and full details of your stay.
Block Booking of huts or Family Rooms. Please note that the direct debit system is not set up to collect these kinds of hut bookings so please send a cheque made payable to The Climber's Club directly Huts Finance Secretary Trevor Langhorne.
Hut Fees per person per night from 01/01/2011
|CC members' families (12yrs and over)||£6.00|
|CC members' families (under 12yrs)||£4.50|
|CC members' guests (irrespective of age, up to 3 guests)||£7.00|
|CC members' guests (if more than 3; must be booked as external party)||£12.00|
|Wayfarers members (reciprocal rights)||£4.50|
|Wayfarers guests (max 3)||£7.00|
|All other reciprocal rights clubs||£6.00|
|Camping||As for hut use|
|Children under 2yrs (in any category above)||Free|
|Room at CGM - member (per night)||£25.00|
|Room at Count House - member (per night)||£15.00|
|All CGM or Helyg - member (per night)||£50.00|
|All CGM - outside booking (per night)||£100.00|